Quantum Physics (Quantum Communication and Quantum Imaging, and Quantum Fluctuation and Noise, Quantum Sensors and Quantum Metrology), Propagation of Optical Wave Fields and Solitons, Classical Electrooptics and Electro-metrology, Scatterometry and Reflectometry, Voltage Pulse Generation from Photorefractive Crystals, Photoinduced Physics in metallic nano-particles and in dielectric micro-particles, Sensor Science and Technology, and Remote Sensing Techniques.
Office: 145 V. M. Chambers Bld.
Phone: (256) 372-8119
- Ryan Sassaman, Matthew Edwards (2nd author), Fayequa Majid, and Anjan Biswas, “ 1-Soliton Solution of the Coupled Nonlinear Klein-Gordon Equations”, Studies in Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2010, pp. 30-37
- Sundar R. Bairavarasu, Matthew E. Edwards (2nd author-S. Bairavarasu was my PH.D. student), Medury D. Sastry, Faris Kochary, Praveena Kommidi, B. Rami Reddy, Dimitrios Lianons, and Manmohan D. Aggarwal, “Photomagnetism and Photoluminescence (PL) of (Pb-Fe-e-) complex in lead magnetism niobate-lead titanate (PMN-PT) crystals”, accepted for publication in Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2008.
- Bairavarasu, S. R., M. E. Edwards (2nd and corresponding author-S. Bairavarasu was my PH.D. student), M. D. Sastry, T. Kukhtareva, H. Jaenisch, R. H. Hawrami, D. Lianos, and Mohan Aggarwal, “Photo-EPR Studies of Photorefractive BaTiO3 Heavily Doped with Cr3+: Evidence of Photo-Induced Dissociation of Cr3+ Dimers” SPIE 2007.
- Bairavarasu, S. R., M. E. Edwards (2nd author-S. Bairavarasu was my PH.D. student), T. Kukhtareva, M. D. Sastry, D. Lianos, P. Kommidi, B. R. Reddy, H. Jaenisch, and Mohan Aggarwal, “Photoluminescence, FTIR, and Laser-Raman, Spectroscopic Studies of PMN-PT Containing Iron”, SPIE 2007.
- Sundar Bairavarasu, M. E. Edwards (2nd author-S. Bairavarasu was my PH.D. student), M. D. Sastry, F. Kochary, D. Lianos, and M. D. Aggarwal "Photo-magnetism and possible optical switching in Fe3+: PMN-PT: A Photo-EPR investigation", Proc. SPIE Vol. 6314, 631409 (Aug. 24, 2006).
- S. Crutcher, A. Biswas, M.D. Aggarwal, M. E. Edwards (Final Author, S. Crutcher was my PH.D. Student), “Oscillatory behavior of spatial solitons in two-dimensional waveguides and stationary temporal power law solitons in optical fibers”, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 6, 2006.
- S. Crutcher, A. Biswas, M.D. Aggarwal, M. E. Edwards (Corresponding Author-S. Crutcher was my PH.D. Student), “Stationary solitons in optical fiber and the swing effect of spatial solitons in two-dimensional devices”, SPIE Vol. 5876, page E1- E9, 2005.
- D. Edwards, D. Patel, K. Kanzler, M. Curley, S. Bairavaras, H. Abdeldayem, C. Banks, T. Gebre, M. D. Aggarwal, J. C. Wang, and M. E. Edwards (Corresponding Author-D. Edwards was my Master’s degree Student), “Pockels Coefficients Characterization of Pure and Iron Doped Lithium Niobate Using Adaptive Optics and the Czochralski Crystal Growth Technique”, SPIE Vol. 5876, page Y1-Y11, 2005.
- M. E. Edwards (Primary and Corresponding Author-S. Crutcher was my PH.D. Student), S. Crutcher, and Holger Jaenisch, “Optical solitons in anisotropic and inhomogeneous media”, SPIE vol. 5525, no. 19, page 163-171, 2004.
- T. Gebre, D. Edwards, M.D. Aggarwal, A.K. Batra, M. E. Edwards (Corresponding Author), D. Patel, L. Huey, and R.B. Lal, “Electrooptic Characterization and Czochralski Growth Technique of Pure and Doped Lithium Niobate Crystals”, SPIE vol. 5560, no. 4, 2004.
Page last changed: February 28 2012 15:13:10 Alabama
4900 Meridian Street, Normal, AL
Alabama A&M University
Campus Operator 256.372.5000
Graduate Admissions 256.372.5277