Advancing Success in STEM Undergraduate Research and Education
A second five year Historically Black Colleges and Universities Undergraduate Program (HBCU-UP) grant, entitled "Advancing Success in STEM Undergraduate Research and Education" (ASSURE) was awarded in 2014.
ASSURE Program Components
- Supplementary Instruction (SI)
- Calculus Enrichment Program (CEP)
- Student Research Experience (SRE)
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam Preparation (FE)
- Professional Enhancement Workshops (PEW)
- Increase the number of STEM Hybrid and Online Courses (HOC)
Dr. Marius Schamschula Program Director.
Strategic Plan to Enhance STEM Education and Research at AAMU
Alabama A & M University was first awarded a HBCU-UP grant in 2009: "Strategic Plan to Enhance STEM Education and Research at AAMU (STEP-UP)"
STEP-UP Program Components
- The Spring Sophomore Mathematics Program
- Undergraduate Research Experiences
- The Summer Bridge Program
- Supplementary Instruction
- Professional Development Workshops
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam Preparation
- Curriculum Development